Hall of Fame Classic
The Chick-fil-A of Anderson Hall of Fame Classic is a girls high school invitational tournament which was started by the Belton Tennis Association in 1987. Eight of the state's top teams compete for 2 days in late September or early October each year. The tournament is flighted rather than team-against-team competiton. Players earn points for their team when they win matches. Every singles player and doubles team plays 3 matches during the weekend.
Due to potential weather issues 2 teams were unable to play in the 2022 tournament, leaving a field of 6 teams. The weather turned out to be beautiful and the 2022 tournament was won by Christ Church while T. L. Hanna was named the team sportsmanship recipient. The other 4 teams competing included BHP, Clinton, A. C. Flora and Greenville. The results of the championship matches were:
- #1 Singles-Sophia Clayton (SPB) def. WeslynMorris (CHA) 6-2, 6-2
- #2 Singles-Katherine Bauer (SPB) def. Siona Sturgeon (ACF) 7-5, 6-0
- #3 Singles-Lexie Sobocinski (CC) def. Caroline Overdyke (ACF) 7-6 (2), 6-3
- #4 Singles-Paige Melik (CHA) def. Nicole Negroni (JLM) 6-1, 6-4
- #5 Singles-Becca Haddad (JLM) def. Emily Smith (ACF) 6-1, 6-4
- #1 Doubles-K. Bauer & S. Clayton (SPB) def. F. Smith & S. Sturgeon (ACF) 6-4, 6-4
- #2 Doubles-K. Misenheimer/L. Sturgeon (ACF) def. A. Mobley/E. Pye (SPB) 6-1, 6-0
Myrtle Beach has won the most team championships with 8 followed by Christ Church with 7, then Irmo, Bishop England, J. L.Mann and T. L. Hanna with 3 each. The tournament is sponsored by Chick-fil-A of Anderson.