10U Girl's & Boy's (Compass Draw at Brookstone Meadows)
10U players must enter the tournament through the Palmetto 10U tournament, not the regular Palmetto Chamionships for 12U, 14U, 16U & 18U
Singles and doubles will be played
The Palmetto 10U is open to all players ages 10-and-under whose residence is in 1 of the 9 USTA Southern states
The entry fee for 10U is $47 and covers singles and doubles
Only green ball on a 78' court will be offered. Singles draws will be divided into a Championship Division with the top 16 ranked players and a Blue Division with the next 16 players. The tournament champions will come from the Championship Division. Players can only compete in one singles and one doubles event. Players are required to move through the USTA Progression earning stars and trophies in orange balls events to qualify to play in green ball events at age 9 or 10. All matches will be played on a 78' court. No yellow ball on a 78' court or orange ball on a 60' court will be offered.
Players in orange ball are required to earn 1,000 points in PlayTracker in order to play green ball events. A coach assessment is also available for players 7 to 8 years old who have the skills to advance to green ball. A player automatically becomes eligible for green ball play during the first month after they become 9 years old. Players in green ball are required to earn 1,500 points in PlayTracker in order to play yellow ball events. At least 1,000 of these points must come from win points. Click the link below for more information on eligible play opportunities and PlayTracker points:
Play begins Saturday morning and ends Sunday afternoon pending weather conditions
10U singles play a compass draw, so players remain in the tournament and should expect matches both days, win or lose
Matches are scheduled for the clay courts at Brookstone Meadows, 100 River Club DR, Anderson, SC 29621
Mary Burgess is the Deputy Referee over 10U matches and will be assisted by certified USTA officials and volunteers
Saturday, May 27
- Play is expected to begin at 10:00; singles (2 or 3 rounds) and doubles (TBD)
- 12:00 - Lunch (for 10U players at Brookstone Meadows)
Sunday, May 28
8:00 - Singles (2 or 3 rounds) and Doubles (2 rounds)
Awards will be presented as the championship and playoff matches end
Notes...the 10U singles divisions play a compass draw. Players continue in the tournament win or lose. Always check back with the tournament desk to get your next match time! There is no consolation in doubles.
- Singles will be limited to 32 players (16 Championship Division and 16 Blue Division) and feature a compass draw
- Doubles draws are limited to 16 teams and have no consolation. All players who enter doubles with a partner will be placed in the draws. Note...playeres must enter doubles in the same age division as singles and must have a partner. The tournament will not match partners...no exceptions! Players who enter without a partner will be removed from the doubles event. If you do not have a partner, please do not enter doubles.
- Up to 3 singles matches may be required in 1 day
- The 2023 Palmetto 10U singles champions will come from the Championship Division.
- Singles: No-ad scoring. Short-sets with first to 4 games (win by 2 with a 7-point tiebreaker at 4-all). a 7-point tiebreaker will be played in lieu of a third set.
- Doubles: No-ad scoring. One set (first to 6, win by 2) with a 7-point tiebreakere at 6-all.
- The tournament referee may change scoring formats if there are scheduling or weather issues.