Draws, Seeding & Selection
- The 12U, 14U, 16U & 18U singles draws will be limited to 32 players and include a Modified Consolation. The consolation will be played to conclusion. All draws are expected to fill.
- The 10U singles will be limited to 32 players who will play on a 78' court with a green ball. Either compass draw or round robin draw with playoffs will be used and will be played in 2 days...Saturday and Sunday. It is likely 3 singles matches will be required one day. 10U doubles will play a compass draw.
- Doubles draws are limited to 16 teams and have no consolation (except for the 10U as noted above). All players who enter doubles with a partner will be placed in the draws. Note...players must enter doubles in the same age division as singles and must have a partner. The tournament will not match partners...no exceptions! Players who enter without a partner will be removed from the event. If you do not have a partner please do not enter doubles.
- If you enter doubles be prepared to be at the tournament early and stay late, and possibly stay over an extra day for doubles after you have been eliminated from singles.
Because the Palmetto is a Level 5 tournament, the USTA National Seedings Lists will be the primary consideration used. The Seeding Criteria is as follows:
SINGLES SEEDING CRITERIA
Seeding will be based primarily on the USTA National Singles Seedings Lists of the division in the order in which players appear on the list.
In addition to the list, other criteria may be considered:
- Players who have a standing in a younger age division may be seeded in any group of seeds if they are in the top 10 of the USTA National Singles Seedings Lists of any younger age division.
- Players with current top 50 USTA National standing, top 100 ITF ranking, top 1000 ATP or WTA ranking may be considered for seeding.
- Players with high standings in older age divisions may be considered for seeding.
DOUBLES SEEDING CRITERIA
Seeding will be based primarily on the USTA National Doubles Seeding List of the division in the order in which doubles teams appear on the list. Other criteria (as listed under singles seeding) may be considered.
There will be approximately one seed for every four players in the draw. Seeds 5-8 and 9-16 (if necessary) will be alphabetical.
- Since the singles draws are limited to 32 players, selection will be based primarily on the top 32 players who entered each age division based on the most recent USTA National Selection Combined Standing List.
- All players who wish to play in the tournament should enter regardless of standing. A player's standing may be lower than #32, but a number of players have a standing in more than one age division, and other players in the top 32 may not enter. An alternates list will be established to fill any spots that come open.. Note...your credit card will not be charged until you are selected to play in the tournament.