Sierra Junior Tennis Association welcomes you to the 2022 junior tennis tournament season!
All tournaments with SJTA will be through this link: SJTA Local Tournament Circuit
2022 Junior Tournament Dates:
May 7 Caughlin Athletic Club Mixed Doubles
May 14 South Reno Tennis Singles
June 18 Zephyr Cove Singles
June 25 Reno Tennis Center Singles
July 24 Reno Tennis Club Singles
July 30 Carson City High School Fundraiser Singles
August 20 Reno High School Fundraiser Mixed Doubles
August 28 Reno Tennis Center Doubles
September 10 Reno Tennis Center Singles
September 24 Caughlin Atheltic Club Doubles
September 25 Wolf Pack Singles
October 9 Caughlin Atheltic Club Singles
Tournament play is an integral part of a junior tennis player’s development. The round-robin draw gives juniors an opportunity to compete in many more matches than they would play in a single elimination or consolation event.
• Everyone plays the same number of matches whether they win or lose.
• All divisions will either play 8 game pro-sets using no ad scoring or 2 out of 3 sets, depending on number of entries.
• Round-robins are recommended to be 5 or less in any division. All matches will be completed in one day unless weather causes the tournament to start and/or be completed on the following day. It is possible that an event may be combined due to number of entries and if the tournament director feels the players will benefit from a traditional draw, he may do so. Participants will be notified if the event is combined. No refunds issued after the draw is made.
• Divisions Offered: 12 & Under; 15 & Under; 18 & Under. Medals will be awarded first through third in every draw.
• The tournament will only take online registration. If you have questions on a particular tournament, please call or e-mail the tournament director listed with each individual tournament.
Grand Prix points will be awarded to all SJTA tournament participants.
Junior Grand Prix Points Table: Players will accumulate points throughout the round-robin tournaments based on the following point chart:
• 2 points for completing two rounds in a tournament
• 2 points for each round won in the round robin
• 2 points for a BYE if the following round is won
• 2 points for a 1st round default if the following round is won (2 points will be awarded for all other default wins)
Singles - $30.00 per player
Doubles/Mixed Doubles - $20.00 per player
If you have any questions, please contact the tournament director listed on the tournament home page.