Sierra Junior Tennis Association welcomes you to the 2022 junior tennis tournament season!
All tournaments with SJTA will be through this link: SJTA Local Tournament Circuit
Tournament play is an integral part of a junior tennis player’s development. The round-robin draw gives juniors an opportunity to compete in many more matches than they would play in a single elimination or consolation event.
• Everyone plays the same number of matches whether they win or lose.
• All divisions will either play 8 game pro-sets using no ad scoring or 2 out of 3 sets, depending on number of entries.
• Round-robins are recommended to be 5 or less in any division. All matches will be completed in one day unless weather causes the tournament to start and/or be completed on the following day. It is possible that an event may be combined due to number of entries and if the tournament director feels the players will benefit from a traditional draw, he may do so. Participants will be notified if the event is combined. No refunds issued after the draw is made.
• Divisions Offered: 12 & Under; 15 & Under; 18 & Under. Medals will be awarded first through third in every draw.
• The tournament will only take online registration. If you have questions on a particular tournament, please call or e-mail the tournament director listed with each individual tournament.
Grand Prix points will be awarded to all SJTA tournament participants.
Junior Grand Prix Points Table: Players will accumulate points throughout the round-robin tournaments based on the following point chart:
• 2 points for completing two rounds in a tournament
• 2 points for each round won in the round robin
• 2 points for a BYE if the following round is won
• 2 points for a 1st round default if the following round is won (2 points will be awarded for all other default wins)
Singles - $35.00 per player
Doubles/Mixed Doubles - $24.00 per player
If you have any questions, please contact the tournament director listed on the tournament home page.