The Bluegrass Tennis Association is a non-profit United States Tennis Association sponsored Community Tennis Association that was founded in 2001. Its goals include the promotion of tennis in Central Kentucky through adult and junior programs for all ability levels. It works with current tennis programs to help expand tennis participation and helps to develop new tennis programs with interested organizations.
Bluegrass Tennis Association (BTA) is partnering with Lexington Parks & Recreation to offer a Tennis & Swim Camp, Tennis Clinics and Tennis Leagues for junior tennis players ages 6 – 14.
Have Fun! Be Active! Make Friends!
Our Mission is to provide youth with opportunities to strengthen our community by teaching tennis foundational skills and how the sport of tennis can help build character and confidence.
In addition to improving tennis foundation skills, participants will also develop:
• Social/emotional skills
Lessons are designed to engage children in meaningful and fun tennis activities that translate both on and off the tennis court.
Clinics and League Registration and Information will be available May 1, 2023. Please check back on that date for more information.
BTA Tennis and Swim Camp at Shillito (Full Day)
$175* per Week for ages 6-14
• Camp hours are 9am-4pm with tentative schedule as follows:
• 8:30am-9am: Drop off at the Shillito Tennis Court Fieldhouse
• 9am-12pm: Tennis (Bring sunscreen, water and racquet if you have one)
• 12pm-1pm: Lunch (Attendees should provide their own lunch & drinks)
• 1pm-3:30pm: Swimming at Shilito Pool (Bring Towel and Sunscreen)
• 4pm: Parent Pick Up at the Shilito Tennis Court Fieldhouse
BTA Half Day Tennis Camp (Half Day)
$90** per Week ages 6-14
Camp hours 9am-12pm with tentative schedule as follows:
• 8:30-9am: Drop off at the Shillito Tennis Court Fieldhouse
• 9am-12pm: Tennis Skills, Games etc.
*Scholarships are available. Please email Christy Herring at firstname.lastname@example.org before the registration window opens for more information.
• June 5th - 9th
• June 12th - 16th
• June 20th - 23rd (Cost = $140 for full day and $72 for half day this week. No camp on June 19th in observance of Juneteenth)
• June 26th - 30th
• July 10th - 14th
• July 17th - 21st
• July 24th - 28th